Bringing comfort into the lives of those who need it most
Mille Lacs Health System Hospice is a community-based service for the terminally ill and their families.
The Hospice Philosophy:
Hospice is a special kind of care designed to provide sensitivity and support for people in the progression of a terminal illness. Hospice care seeks to enable clients to carry on an alert, pain-free life, and to manage symptoms so their last days may be spent with dignity and quality at home or in a home-like setting.
Our Interdisciplinary Team Includes: 24-hour on-call skilled nursing
- Clients, families, physicians and hospice medical director
- Registered Nurses
- Social Workers/bereavement
- Spiritual counselor
- Volunteer coordinator/trained volunteer
- Physical/occupational/speech therapy
- Hospice Aides
How do you qualify?
A Mille Lacs Health System Hospice client has:
- A terminal diagnosis of six (6) months or less life expectancy, as certified by a physician. (Services may be extended beyond 6 months if needed.)
- Is no longer able to benefit from curative treatment.
- Lives within an approximate 40-mile radius of Onamia, MN.
Contact Mille Lacs Health System Hospice at 320-532-2800 Fax: 320-532-4325
Mille Lacs Health System Hospice is a Medicare Certified Hospice Agency.
Why does that matter?
The Medicare benefit covers 100% of the following services if they are related to terminal illness:
- Interdisciplinary team services
- Medical equipment
- 24- hours per day, seven days per week in-home support
Mille Lacs Health System Hospice
200 North Elm St., Box A, Onamia, MN 56359
320-532-2800 Fax: 320-532-4325
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Donate to Hospice by clicking here.
Volunteer in our Hospice program by clicking here.
Mille Lacs Health System Hospice is a member of National Hospice and Palliative Care www.nhpco.org