Education and support for people with diabetes
Diabetic Education at Mille Lacs Health System helps patients better understand and manage their disease through education regarding healthy eating, glucose monitoring, exercise, and diabetes medication.
The Diabetes Education Department helps design individualized plans for patients, including tools and support to help make the plans easy to follow. Diabetes Education can take place in a group, through one-on-one sessions, or at informal settings. Both an R.N. and a Registered Dietician are part of the Diabetic Education team.
Educational topics include:
Diabetes disease process and treatment options
- Incorporating nutritional management into lifestyle
- Incorporating physical activity into lifestyle
- Using medications safely
- Monitoring blood glucose, interpreting and using the results
- Prevention, detection and treatment of acute and complications
- Strategies to address psycho-social issues
Open by appointment on Tues. at the Isle Clinic; Wed. at the Onamia Clinic: 320-532-3154.